Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome

If you are a regular reader of my wife Kim's blog, then you already know who I am. I decided today, through unspoken inspiration from Kim, to start this blog. However, let me say for the record that Kim is the writer of the family, not me. So, forgive me for the terrible punctuation, the run-on sentences and the dangling participles, whatever those are.

If you have been reading Kim's blog, you know that we have only recently embarked on our LDD journey, but we have come a long way in a short time. We have taken things slow, step-by-step, studied, discussed and reviewed with each other. WOW, what a concept...a married couple actually communicating about a common goal.

I'm hardly the person to be dispensing advice. I can only tell you fellow HOH's that there is no better feeling than knowing that you are being exactly the man your wife needs you to be. Kim and I have been together for almost three years now, but after embarking on our LDD journey, finding success with it and making each other happier than we've ever been, it was as if we had discovered each other all over again. It was like shaking hands and saying, "I've always loved you, it's nice to finally meet you."

Kim has written on a few occasions about how much she adores me. She's a forgiving audience, and she is also very patient with me. I have a tendency to over-examine things, over-analyze and question things to death. I've learned quickly that I have to trust myself and my instincts for this to work. It's through this experience that I have drawn and built confidence in myself to be firm with Kim with LDD. The look of love in her eyes tells me that I did everything right. The truth is that I adore her more than I can explain in words.

The one thing about me is that I am, at heart, pretty sensitive. I have no desire to hurt, degrade, bully or disgrace Kim. She is the love of my life, my soul is more alive today because of her. All I want to do for her when it comes to LDD is help her lose her pent up emotions, while making her feel secure and protected. Most of all, I want her to surrender to me, making the connection we have even deeper. Confidence is the key for me. Whether it's asking Kim to do some household chore, or directing her to the bedroom to await my hand on her bottom...I have to be steadfast in relaying my expectations and/or intentions with confidence.

There is a country song from a few years back. I want to quote the chorus to sum this up...enjoy.

IT WAS REAL, IT WAS MAGIC
IT WAS CALM, IT WAS SAVAGE
IT WAS COOL AS A BREEZE, IT WAS WARM TO THE TOUCH
IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH, IT WAS ALWAYS TOO MUCH
IT DID ALL THE THINGS LOVE DOES
AND THAT'S HOW I KNEW...IT WAS

Thank you my Kimberly...I love you with every bit of heart and soul.

2 comments:

DD Lady said...

You move me...

I love you with all of my heart.

Kimberly

Queen Victoria said...

it's been a few years since you wrote this blog. so how are you now? are you still with kimberly? still practicing dd? i am curious because i want this lifestyle with the man i love. we have experimented a little. Also, i have been wondering if there are any couples that live close to us that we could talk to for advice, and friendship. we would like to have more couple friends so we can do things together, or just girls/just guys. Well, we live in Missouri, right about in the center of it. So, i am really anxious to get a reply from you. would you or Kimberly send me an email also? I hope things are going well for the both of you still.