Saturday, February 24, 2007

Meant to be, or not meant to be...that is the question

The one thing that Kim does that after a while really, REALLY makes me want to put her over my knee is making me think about very serious things. Not because I don't like thinking, but the condentations of the question chilled me to the bone.

A few days ago Kim asked me if I would pursue a LDD relationship in the event of her death. First, let me say for the record that if I were to lose Kim, I doubt very seriously if there would be another relationship for me...I'd have very little reason to live if she was not in my life. Plus, even if I were to pursue another romantic relationship, the only reason I would spank that woman would be because she IS NOT Kim...and that would be unfair. But, rather than just closing the door on the question and leaving it as stated above, I decided to cast my mind a little further and consider the WHAT IFS that Kim asked me about.

First, I believe that we are all brought together by the grace of God. Not by fate, not by timing...I think things happen for a reason. That aside, what if I was footloose, fancy free and looking for my soulmate. What would be the best way to approach the LDD question? Before you propose? The first time you engage in sexual relations? Your wedding night? Hmmm...ponder, ponder, ponder. Is there a good time?

In thinking about all of this, I recalled how Kim brought it up with me. She acted shy and embarrassed. She didn't want me to think that she was a freak, which I didn't. However, two and a half years ago, I was a very different person than I am today. Back then I couldn't picture it within myself, now I'm growing quite comfortable with it...thank God.

So, in this pretend 'new' romance, how would I bring up the issue?

I know, "Hey honey, I'm off to work. Please make sure that you dust the house today. If you don't, I'm going to spank you tonight when I get home." In that scenario, I picture coming home and finding all my things on the sidewalk with a business card for a good attorney attached.

Or maybe in the middle of an intimate moment, you give a little whack on her behind just to see what her reaction would be. Yeah, that's the way to go about introducing LDD into a relationship. On second thought, nope...I feel a few nights on the couch coming on, along with a full-force slap across the face.

I've come up with other scenarios in my mind, all of which seem inadequate and fall short. I guess the answer to Kim's original question is no. I can't picture myself in a LDD relationship with someone else. Not so much because of the awkwardness of bringing it up with this pretend someone, but because if you are meant to be in a relationship such as LDD, you'll both know when the time is right. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

So, if anyone reads this that is considering, newly starting or contemplating a LDD relationship consider it a gift. A gift not only from the person you love, but a gift from the one that loves us all...God almighty. That's the way I look at it anyway.

Now, I've got to talk to Kim about those "difficult" questions she occasionally asks me. Hmmm...what would be the best way to bring that up with her??? Wait, I know...lap for one, no waiting...lol.

2 comments:

WistfulWench said...

It really is a difficult question. And I'll add another one for you.... :D

Now that you've discovered who you really are, could you honestly walk away if you had another relationship? I'm not suggesting that this is an easy topic to bring up. But would you be happy if you weren't the acknowledged HOH?

This is a great posting, Steve!

Steve said...

Wistful,

Thanks for the comment. Your question has already brought about a discussion between Kim and me. Later blog entry to follow after I think about your question further.