Thursday, February 22, 2007

The million dollar question

Kim asked the question a few days ago, "Why LDD?"

I pondered the question within myself for a couple of days. I thought about my childhood, things I had been exposed to in my life and could not come up with one reason or answer as to why all of it makes sense to me. I, like Kim, did not grow up with a strong father figure...both my dad and stepdad were both violent, mean men. For that reason, I could never picture myself imposing a spanking on someone, especially the woman I love with all my heart.

Obviously, I love the connection it has brought between Kim and me, but WHY does it fit for us??? How can two stubborn people like Kim and I exist together, be happily married, totally devoted to each other and still engage in something as raw and primitive (I mean that in a good way) as spanking sessions? Why is that my loving wife wants me to instruct her? What is it about all of this that is so compelling for us?

Being so new at this, it took me some time to formulate the answers to those questions...but I think I know.

First, it has built a trust between us that never existed between us before starting our LDD relationship. The kind of trust that says I can put my heart in this persons hand and know it is safe, without question.

Secondly, LDD has given me an extra added element of leadership that I did not know I had. I have been in management for several years now in my career, and considered myself a pretty good leader. LDD has taught me a quiet assertivness that did not exist before, without being a jerk. This makes it much easier for me to guide and direct those that I work with. Obviously, this factor is not as important as how I lead at home...but it is an advantage that I did not expect.

Third, Kim looks at me with such a deep look of love in her eyes that it is almost overwhelming to me at times. LDD has allowed both of us to open up to each other in ways that we were never able to do when we first met, or through the first two and a half years we've been together. Our love for each other will only get stronger as we pursue and explore all of the avenues together.

Finally, when it comes down to times when I spank her...especially those times when that "edge" gets closer and closer, and we are in total sync with each...feeling each other emotionally, spiritually and physically...there are no words to describe it. Kim looks at me with gratitude, appreciation and unconditional love in her eyes for me after her spanking is complete. I can imagine no greater gift. Plus, I know that I have helped my woman rid her soul of ill-feelings from a bad day, helped her get past any moodiness and opened her further to a larger world for both of us.

I know I have painted a very rosy picture here...most of the time it is THAT good. However, we both know that it won't always be that way. There will be times when my timing will be off. There will be times when after being spanked, she will rage towards me. We are still new at this, and we are learning...but, the ultimate destination is worth the potential bumps that will come along.

I know none of this will be considered reinventing the wheel. I guess, I wanted to put into written word what all of it means to me, being new at it and all. Kim has such a clearer perspective of things than I do sometimes, so I wanted to get all of this in before her...lol. (I'm kidding sweetheart :))

A special thanks to the several people that have added me as a link to their LDD sites. It is always nice to get different perspectives on LDD.

2 comments:

C's Correction said...

Dear Steve,

You seem to have a very deep insight into LDD. I'm really interested in the HOH's perspective and truly enjoy reading your posts! Please keep blogging!

Warm wishes,
~C~

Steve said...

C,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. However, I would stop short of calling it 'insight' as I am still learning. I keep telling Kim that it is more instinct and feeling than anything.